- Conservation is skilled cleaning and repair to preserve the textile heirlooms of the past, so that they can be passed onto our children.
- Conservation is the customized display of textiles to protect and preserve while augmenting their graphic power or subtle beauty.
- Conservation is the maintenance and long-term care of established collections.
- Conservation is preserving the fabrics of our lives, from the cloths that wrap us as infants and patterned floor coverings we walk on to the woven artifacts that adorn our homes and workspaces.
- Conservation is the application of technical, scientific, and historical analysis to preservation and treatment of artifacts.